Do you have numbness in your hand or fingers when you cycle? If you do your ulnar nerve may be trapped in the Guyon’s canal of the hand.
What are the characteristics of activities that cause numbness in the hand and fingers while cycling?
- Excessive and prolonged compression of the hand on the handlebar
Signs and symptoms of supraspinatus tendinopathy and bursitis
- Pins and needles or numbness in the pinky and possibly ring finger while you ride
How can Physiotherapy help?
Your Physiotherapist will be able to:
- Help you identify aggravating positions
- Help you modify your riding position and bike set up
- Provide manual therapy to reduce pain, tightness and improve movement
- Give advice on bracing if needed