At Summer Hill Physio, our Physiotherapists have extensive experience in rehabilitation for sporting injuries, work injuries and post- surgical. Our Physiotherapists work closely together to ensure you are getting the best possible results.
GradCertClinPhysio (Manipulative Physio)
Master of Physiotherapy
Stephanie is the practice principal. She is a member of both the Australian Physiotherapy Association and Sports Physiotherapy Association. Stephanie graduated from the University of Sydney with a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise and Sport Science. She then went on to complete the Master of Physiotherapy program at Sydney University. Stephanie has furthered her knowledge, graduating from Curtin University with a Graduate Certificate in Manipulative Physiotherapy in 2014.
Stephanie has had a lot of experience treating musculoskeletal injuries from her physiotherapy and exercise physiology background. Stephanie utilises a variety of manual therapy treatment techniques and exercises to help patients return to work, sport and daily living as quickly and safely as possible. Stephanie also experienced in analysing of running and cycling techniques to help with bike and running related injuries.
Stephanie has a keen interest in biomechanical influences to work and sporting related injuries and rehabilitation. She enjoys treating the neck and postural related pain, shoulder and knee injuries. Stephanie has worked with a number of sporting teams in rugby union, AFL, Gaelic football and soccer.
Qualifications and courses:
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Physiotherapy (Manipulative Physiotherapy), Curtin Uni
- Master of Physiotherapy, Syd. Uni
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sport Science), Syd. Uni
- Certificate of Orthopaedic Manual Therapy, Curtin Uni
- Includes: Dean Watson Headache treatment technique, Michael Monohan manipulation techniques, osteopathic joint mobilisation techniques
- Mulligans treatment concept
- Dry needling
- Level 1 and 2 Sports physiotherapy
- Biomechanical analyses of cycling and running techniques
- 3D Assessment and treatment of the pelvic complex and lumbar spine
- Optimising motor control of the lumbopelvic region and dynamic hip retrainin
Daniel is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association. Daniel graduated from the Australian Catholic University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy. He has worked in private practice treating a range of musculoskeletal and post-surgical conditions. He utilises sports integrated dry needling and a global assessment approach to supplement his treatment. He also has a strong hands on, manual therapy approach to help you reduce and manage muscular tightness and joint stiffness caused by many injuries.
Daniel’s treatment is goal oriented to help you achieve your sporting and lifestyle aspirations. He has treated a variety of patient populations including adolescents and athletes from a variety of sports ranging from hockey to rugby and cricket. He is a strong advocate for high quality physiotherapy treatment. He passionate about patient education and functional exercise prescription.
His interests are in sports physiotherapy, injury prevention and management as well as managing lower back and neck conditions. Daniel has a keen eye for running biomechanics and can help you become more efficient with your running techniques as well as injury prevention.
In his spare time Daniel enjoys hitting the gym, surfing and playing golf.
Qualifications and courses:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy, ACU
- Level 1 Sports Integrated Dry Needling Course
Master of Physiotherapy
Francois completed his Masters of Physiotherapy degree at the University of Sydney along with a Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sports Science). He has previous experience working within hospitals, private practices and semi-professional sporting teams. Francois takes a functional approach to assessments and treatments. He utilises gait analysis, manual therapy and impairment specific exercise prescription to manage clinical conditions.
Francois has a special interest in sports injuries, which has lead to him working with teams such as Macarthur Rams Youth Football League, Cabramatta RLFC and Blacktown Workers RLFC. Living a busy and active lifestyle, Francois enjoys playing oztag & touch football, cruising on his road bike and also attending regular Crossfit classes. He had the opportunity to compete at an international level representing the Australian-Chinese Oz-tag Team at the 2015 Oz-tag World Cup and the 2016 Oceania Cup in New Zealand.
Qualifications and Courses:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sports Science)
- Masters of Physiotherapy (USYD)
- GEMt Segmental Dry Needling Level 1
- Functional Neuromuscular Assessment
- Sports Physiotherapy Level 1
- Advanced Knee Diagnosis and Rehabilitation
- Adam Meakin’s – The Shoulder Simplified
- Matthew Stewart’s – Essential Foot and Ankle Course
Our administration team will be assisting with the running of the clinic. They are more than happy to help you with any non- clinical queries relating to your appointment, Workers Compensation or Third Party claim, referrals or products.